Welcome in my PyroWorld!
I wrote some notes, sometimes they are interesting, sometimes maybe a little bit boring. I told you that pyro is really awesome and adventure with it could be story for all life (like for me).
As I once said – I started when I was 12. I had a little common sense and respect from fire and I didn’t want to get detention from parents, so I was very cautious.
Pyro was never my enemy because I always acted in accordance with the guidelines. When my buddies scalded theirs hands and burned holes in theirs clothes, I stood on the side.
They said sometimes that I’m a “stuffed shirt”, but they got from their parents reprimanded and prohibitions for pyro, not me.
Is pyro dangerous? Yes, it could be. If you still are like my buddies from childhood and you want to say that I’m a “stuffed shirt”, read something more about this…
Unfortunately, there are cases that the incompetent use of pyro lead to serious accidents and even death. Such was the case of 42-year-old Darren Lotow.
He had been trying to set off large fireworks through a PVC pipe anchored in the ground. Pipe exploded, fireworks didn’t go up, they went sideways. Is that was his mistake? Probably yes. Lotow used fireworks, which were intended to use only by experts. He wasn’t expert and and now he never will.
Second sad example…this time even more sad and unfair because it concerns a child. Paxon Thomas Jordan was only 7. He was. He died as a result of a fireworks injury. His father didn’t keep a safe distance space between fireworks and a child, he didn’t took care to close the dog inside the house. Running dog dropped fireworks from the table. They struck Paxon in the chest above his heart. This dramatic story shows, that you ALWAYS HAVE TO REMEMBER ON OBSERVING THE SAFETY. This is necessary not only for your safety, but also for the safety of those, who are around you.
These situations could have been avoided. Always read the manuals for use pyro and follow it. Keep your imagination and predict what might happen.
Pyro is great fun, only if you use it correctly.